Welcome to the Fairfield Elementary School PTA!
What is the PTA?
We are a local association made up of parents, teachers, administration, family and community members from Massapequa, NY. Our Executive Board consists of seven members, two Co-Presidents, two Vice-Presidents, Treasurer, Recording Secretary and Corresponding Secretary.
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children. We are dedicated to enriching the education of all students at Fairfield.
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of every student and family in our school.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s initiatives.
What We Do
The Fairfield PTA organizes a variety of school activities each year such as:
- Picture Day
- Holiday Fair & Book Fair
- School Dances and Family Fun Nights
- Fundraisers to generate monies for programming such as Arts in Education, Reflections and PARP
- Box Tops for Education
- Staff Appreciation
- and much more
Throughout the year, we have continual fundraising opportunities and all of the money raised goes towards events throughout the year, enhancing the school resources for students, and the needs of our wonderful teachers, staff and students.
Why Be Part of the PTA?
Attending meetings and volunteering at events is a great way to meet other parents and form great friendships. Getting to know the teachers and staff that your child interacts with on a daily basis, is a great reason to get involved. By being a member of the PTA, you can stay informed on school issues that are important to the students, teachers, and school. PTA also helps you to make a difference in your child’s academic life. There are so many reasons to be a part of the Fairfield PTA!
Join us at our next meeting! All Parent’s, Guardians, Teachers and Staff are welcome to attend the PTA meetings. Meetings are held once per month rotating morning and evening times to accommodate as many families schedules as possible. Please check our calendar for dates and times: fairfieldpta.org/calendar/month
If you have questions about the South PTA or want to join, feel free to contact this year’s secretary via email.